Procrastination and Life!
So yes...this is not an April fools joke, and yes the last time I posted was more than a
year ago. As the title states, procrastination definitely played a role as well as life
happened.
I became a dad for the first time, so that blew my mind. I had to recover from knee
surgery, a meniscal transplant which had me a bit immobile for some 8 weeks or so.
But enough excuses or reasons why I have not written any blogs, the main thing
is that I just did not write, but that I am doing so now.
When you read this blog post, it was written while South Africa was(is) In a lockdown
due to the COVID-19 outbreak. And as a result of the lockdown I, and I can only
but guess a lot of others, have some time on their hands to get to the things we have
procrastinated on or just did not get the time to attend to.
There are a lot of negative things about this lockdown and the Coronavirus, we, however,
have a choice to look at the situation in a positive way. Positives such as the situation
creates time for us to attend to the things we never had time for and to form new
positive habits and hobbies. For me, I am hoping to write more, and more often, continue
to educate myself by reading more and make time to speak to people smarter than me.
There is a post on LinkedIn, and I am sure it will do its rounds on Facebook as well,
which refers to the companies and ideas that were developed during the 2008 recession.
Billion-dollar companies only 12 years later.
Let’s use this time we have to create, innovate and inspire. Figure out what it is you
truly want to do with your life and find the way in which you want to do it.
I am on the same Journey in that sense, going through the motions of figuring
out my WHY as Simon Sinek would put it.
No comments:
Post a Comment